The purpose of this page is to provide guidance on the inspection of loads of drywall entering the facility to determine the quality and condition of the load.
Summary of the Load Screening Procedure:
Loads with manufacturer’s date stamps can be accepted if the load is consistent (i.e. the same colour / condition throughout the load.)
A Load Declaration form must be completed by the customer and supplied to the Load Inspector to document the inspection.
Manufacturer’s Date Stamps:
Manufacturer’s Date Stamps are black, blue or purple (all are really black, the different colours seem to be a result of the printer running low on ink. Acceptable date stamps are NEVER green. The date stamp can be on the front, back or edge of the board.
Loads without manufacturer’s date stamps can only be accepted if the load is:
- Consistent throughout (i.e. same colour / condition); and,
- Has no ACMs (i.e. no texture coat or drywall joint compound); or,
- Has analytical reports indicating that the potentially asbestos containing drywall related components are non-detect for asbestos; or,
- Has a Hazardous Buildings Material Assessment that indicates asbestos was found in drywall related components and:
- The load contains none of the asbestos containing materials listed in the Assessment (i.e. insulation, flooring, roofing); or,
- The paperwork includes a Clearance Letter indicating that the asbestos containing materials listed in the Assessment have all been remove
Loads that do not meet the requirements are rejected. All rejected loads are documented on a Load Rejection Form and a copy is given to the customer.
- Must be less than 6 months old;
- Be provided at the time the load is received; and,
- Must indicate the address of the home / building where the samples were obtained.
Clearance Letters Must:
- Meet the WCB requirements;
- Include the property address; and,
- Must indicate that all asbestos containing materials identified in the Hazardous Building Materials Assessment were removed.
List of Labs and Abatement Companies:
NWGR provides a list of Testing Laboratories and Abatement Companies for your convenience and listing here is not in any way a direct or implied endorsement by NWGR.
When a customer leaves the facility, one of the following applies:
- The customer’s information is entered on the Reject List;The customer receives a Load Rejection Form and a $0 invoice.
- The customer leaves after paying their invoice and leaves a copy of the Load Declaration with the office copy of the invoice;
- The customer leaves after paying their invoice and leaves a copy of their analytical results, Load Declaration with the office copy of the invoice; or,
- The customer leaves after paying their invoice and leaves a copy of their Hazardous Building Materials Assessment, Clearance Letter and Load Declaration with the office copy of the invoice.
Additional Supporting Visual Verification:
The following are NOT date stamps: